About Hussam Tantawy :
Hussam Tantawi has a bachelor of law from Ain Shams University and is currently enrolled in the Egyptian Bar Association as an “appeal advocate.” Hussam’s fifteen years of litigation experience has enabled him to handle a broad range of cases in different fields of law. In recognition of Hussam’s successful representation of numerous local and foreign clients, he has been promoted to the position of senior legal consultant and then the General Manager of Al Sulaiti Law Firm. Prior to joining our office in 2009, Hussam headed a successful group of Egyptian law firms. Hussam’s experience in Egypt as well as in Qatar has been a notable addition to our law firm.
- Obtained a definitive judgment in favor of a client in connection with a blood money claim before the civil court. This judgment has established an important judicial precedent in Qatar. It has set a legal principle by which blood money must be considered punitive rather than compensatory. Accordingly, the civil court decided that it is not judicially competent and referred the case to the competent criminal court.
- Recently obtained a definitive judgment in connection with damages compensation for one of the firm’s clients. This judgment included the largest award for moral damages (pain and suffering) in the history of Qatar (QAR 1,500,000).
Relevant Experience :
- Hussam provides our clients with written and verbal advice on a wide range of civil, construction, commercial, criminal, and labor matters and has experience in resolving related contractual disputes.
- Hussam has experience in the field of negotiation and amicable settlement.
- Handling lawsuits, particularly civil litigation (civil, construction, labor, corporate, lease, etc.);
- Drafting petitions, defense, and appellate memoranda before all types of Qatari courts.
- Drafting and reviewing various kinds of agreements (articles of association, sale purchase agreements (SPAs), employment, and lease agreements, etc.);
- Consulting clients on corporate law;
- Conducting labor investigations;
- Providing legal support to reputable local and foreign clients such as DAMAC Properties, Tadmur Holding,Pari Gallery, Techno Blue (Abu Issa Holding Company), Mowasalat, StarLink, Mannai Corporation, Q Media Decaux, QDVC, Multiline Interiors, Numix, and Hempel paints,Sepam Qatar;
- Hussam exclusively manages our firm’s construction disputes.
Practice Areas :
Hussam Tantawy has extensive experience in the different fields of the Qatari law, especially in commercial, real estate, Employment, Immigration Law and arbitration.